Saturday 25 August 2007

Biography

I was born in Plymouth, England. January 28th, 1970. I spent most of my childhood and teenage years in Cornwall in the Southwest of England. At the age of 17 I joined the army and spent my time with them in Germany.
In 1989 I left the Army and did various jobs. Went to College of St. Mark and St. John from 1991 - 1993 and studied PR and media.
In 1993 I left England and came to Hungary, originally for a year, but here I am 11 years later.
Not any more. In 2006 I returned to England and I am now pursuing my career as an artist here

EXHIBITIONS:
Budapest, Hungary January 2003 PotKulcs. Gallery Cafe
Budapest, Hungary March 2003 PotKulcs. Gallery Cafe
Budapest, Hungary May 2004 ABB Gallery
Budapest, Hungary October 2004 Cafe Miro Gallery
Budapest Hungary January 2005 Vitula Café
The Jam factory, Oxford 3rd June - 29th June
Art in Action, Waterperry Gardens, Oxfordshire. 19th - 22nd July 2007

Acheivements:
Winner of Artist of the year, Abstract and Experimental Category

Statement

I believe art can be a learned process, it is also natural and a matter of what we see, feel and where we allow our hands to dance on the canvas, or our hands dance without our minds controlling them. You can learn the techniques but you cannot learn to tell your mind to be satisfied with the techniques you have learned. When I am with the paintbrush, I always feel like we are dancing together, sometimes harmoniously sometimes against each other. Sometimes we are dancing the Tango, sometimes a Waltz, sometimes we caress each other to a slow romantic dance and sometimes we are in aggressive moments of passion. If there is harmony, it is possible to produce something which shows harmony, if there is no harmony then you may as well put the brush down until you feel it come back

No comments: