Sunday 26 August 2007

Winner Abstract Experimental Category - International Artist of the year 2007

At the beginning of this year I decided to enter an art competition, I don't really know why, I just did. I think it may be because I joined the SAA (Society for All Artists) because I liked their mission, if you click on the link above you can read about it. Well, I am really happy I did enter as with this painting I won the abstract experimental category, which has led to some recognition for me in the art world, finally.

When I created this painting, I was very taken back by the beauty that surrounded me. I had been living in Budapest, Hungary for 14 years and had just returned to England. Because of the climate in Hungary there isn't much green grass there, so you can imagine how flabbergasted I was after returning and seeing all the green grass around me.

What particularly inspired me to do this painting was that there was a wood nearby where I lived which was carpeted in bluebells. You couldn't see the ground for bluebells. It was absolutely amazing. I went home got out the largest piece of canvas I had and painted this.

I had no idea that it would win me this award less than a year later. All I wish now is to be able to exhibit it somewhere in a major show, but that's always been my wish. I am not in the art for money I just want to share what I do with people.

The title of the painting "Flowers and Space Blue"

1 comment:

MrsB said...

Hey James, hope you had a great crimbo and new year, i had a great time! Are you gonna keep your blog going? How did you do in the end? ;) How's work? Hope your okay x